Dr Asif Ali
The following publications reflect my knowledge and understanding of driving various research and clinical projects, utilizing statistical softwares (RevMan, SAS, SPSS, Minitab, R 2.1, MetaDisc, X tile)
and models for data analysis, managing and writing up of scientific results and knowledge of evidence based medicine and clinical research.
1. Ali A, Brown V, Denley S, Jamieson NB, Morton JP, Nixon C, et al. Expression of KOC, S100P, mesothelin and MUC1 in pancreatico-biliary adenocarcinomas: development and utility of a potential diagnostic immunohistochemistry panel. BMC clinical pathology. 2014;14:35.
2. Ali A, Brown V, Jamieson NB, Denley S, Carter CR, McKay CJ, et al. Abstracts: Investigation of KOC Expression as a Potential Diagnostic Biomarker for Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma. J Pathol Inform. 2011;2.
3. Ali A, Evans P. Multi-resource peer assisted learning in postgraduate setting: a pilot study. Journal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons--Pakistan : JCPSP. 2013;23(4):251-6.
4. Ali A, Giovannetti E, Funel N, Ferrier R, Morton J, Oien KA. Abstract 2860: miR-21 overexpression assessed by in situ hybridisation is an independent predictor of survival in patients with resected pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Cancer Research. 2014;74(19 Supplement):2860.
5. Ali A, Ul-Haq Z, Mohamed M, MacKay DF, Duthie F, Oien K. Abstract 1142: Systematic review and meta-analysis of immunohistochemical diagnostic markers for pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Cancer Research. 2013;73(8 Supplement):1142.
6. Jamieson NB, Morran DC, Morton JP, Ali A, Dickson EJ, Carter CR, et al. MicroRNA molecular profiles associated with diagnosis, clinicopathologic criteria, and overall survival in patients with resectable pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Clinical cancer research : an official journal of the American Association for Cancer Research. 2012;18(2):534-45.
7. “How to write reflective portfolios for Medical Education?” as Invited publication for Health Professions Education course in University of Glasgow. 2010. Asif Ali, Phillip Evans.